Information and Fees For Tenants
In order for a tenancy to proceed we will require referencing forms be completed for each adult who intends on living at the property. This will include a credit check, employer details and any previous Landlord or Letting agent reference. We will also require copies of photo identification and proof of residency.
Fees applying to all new tenancies from 1st June 2019
We may charge a tenant any or all of the following when required:
- the rent;
- a security deposit with a maximum of 5 weeks rent, or 6 weeks on a property with rent over £50,000 per year;
- a holding deposit of no more than one weeks’ rent;
- default fee for late payment of rent (after 14 days);
- reasonable charges for lost keys or security fobs;
- payments associated with contract variation, at £50 or reasonable costs incurred if higher, when requested by the tenant;
- payments associated with early termination of the tenancy, when requested by the tenant; and
- payments in respect of bills - utilities, communication services, TV licence, council tax and green deal or other energy efficiency charges.
Fees applying to all pre-existing tenancies entered before 1st June 2019
We shall continue to apply the charges within the existing tenancy agreement until 31st May 2020.
- Administration Fee: £96.00 (inc. VAT) for each applicant
- Security Deposit: Equivalent to one and a half to two times a month’s rent to be held by the landlord
- Rent: Normally quoted calendar monthly, and payable monthly in advance. The tenant is also responsible for Council Tax, Water Rates, Gas, Electricity and Telephone costs, unless otherwise stated.